SL Mag #2 Across U.S.A. CÉSAR EDUARDO´S GOLDEN STATE HERALDS






SL Mag #2 is OUT NOW! for free on our SL Mag Website 
The revue is based on the Peruvian Writer César Eduardo, raised in New York, Parisian at the moment, and part of the Sin Licencia Crew.
Golden State Herals was published in Paris 2019, now we make this new edition with new material, and the trip of Eduardo Across U.S.A. sharing the Mag by QR code.

Golden State Heralds Part II:

“The Love Song of K. Albert Stewcrock

 

 

After my American farewell trip through the U.S. (undertaken in August 2015), this was the second available occasion to repeat a voyage of such magnitude. Having completed the Northern and Portuguese Caminos with their target toward Santiago de Compostela, in August and December 2022 —Chasqui mode employed—, I sensed that this was the optimal juncture to return to second home that had witnessed my first literary exercises back in that distant autumn of 2003, as well as to reunite with the family I had not seen in a good while.

In summary, the Spirit Animals that were to accompany me on the first journey from New York to California, such as the Vanishing Fox, the Blue Monkey, and the Golden Dolphin, manifested to guide me once again, this time with a renewed energy and with greater wisdom, since many of the past lessons had been assimilated during my last seven years of European exile. In addition, various setbacks that occurred in mid-2021 forced me to risk everything to go on a new quest to find the muse. That individual was the main reason why I started writing these poetic and narrative texts in English as my adopted language of expression in 2017.

After about a month of sojourning in tranquil suburban Boston, where I attended seminars at the Institute for World Literature at Harvard University, I got to participate at an open mic near the end of the program, where I read out passages from Golden State Heralds as a prelude for a new cross-country adventure. In the final days of July, I said to myself: “If I can leave everything on paper, then natural inclemencies will be in charge of transmitting the content of these rambling characters”. It was then that I made this oeuvre known through a method of relentless roaming, which had also already crossed Paris and parts of South America thanks to the human work of Sin Licencia Editorial.

I consider this journey as an echo, the simple resonance of the widest river-crossing imaginable: the Seine, the Thames, the Rhine, or the Danube. All the paths converge in the radiant glance of a beloved woman, for only across its axis is found the confluence of bone and embrace. In fact, this whole project is submerged by a sort of dancing, as T. S. Eliot intuited:

 

At the still point of the turning world. Neither flesh nor fleshless;

Neither from nor towards; at the still point, there the dance is.      “Burnt Norton”, Four Quartets

 

This second transit began from Boston to New York, to soon depart west in the following order: heading to Chicago IL - St. Louis MO - Austin, San Antonio and El Paso, TX - Tucson AZ - Los Angeles, Morro Bay, the Bay Area, CA and back to the East Coast, in Princeton, NJ, over 6000km of ground traversal. At each of these points were libraries housing a variety of original archives and manuscripts belonging to the Anglo-American poet Thomas Stearns Eliot (1888-1965). The task to dig up the documents in order to find clues that would help me shape my dissertation in comparative literature was, without a doubt, a broad one.

Hence, this trip was accomplished largely through the financial support of my academic team at the University of Paris Nanterre, as well as by the distant company of all those who saw the first volume of Golden State Heralds appear in physical form at the park of Buttes Chaumont, in the summer of 2019. To those connections —so immersed in the visual and literary arts— are to whom I owe this new excursion, with which I intend to demolish the imagined borders of the establishment, and thus unite the languages of an American strand associated by the word, with an accent placed on the musicality of our shared environment. It’s to you that I offer my greetings, as well as my unending gratitude.

 

París 2ème {BnF Richelieu} 15 novembre 2023






















 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

CIUDAD CRUEL de JESSICA MAZZOTTI en PDF

SINLICENCIA EDITORIAL